ENABLING THE TRANSFORMATION OF INDUSTRY BY HARNESSING THE POWER OF IOT
18 MAY 2021
Over the last decade, the pace of change and innovation in the manufacturing sector has hit hyperdrive, as businesses of all types seek to modernize their industrial processes and accelerate digital transformation. Across factory and plant floors, supply chains, and integrated networks, terms like industry 4.0, smart supply chain and IoT have shifted from marketing buzzwords to operational essentials. A truly connected industry is here.
IoT Manufacturing Congress North America, 18 May 2021 (MDT), is an exclusive virtual event that will shine a spotlight on the real use cases and cutting edge solutions that are revolutionising production and operational efficiency in industry. Join a peer group of manufacturers, CTOs, innovation directors, and supply chain leads at this free event, and hear about the latest in IT/OT convergence, security in the connected ecosystem, and advanced automation.
● Defending against security threats in the IoT age
● Driving industrial transformation with IT/OT convergence
● Digital transformation — shifting the center of gravity to data
● Industry 4.0 and the future of manufacturing
● Dedicated case studies from manufacturers, logistics and technology providers …and so much more!
Free Virtual Event
Expert Industry Speakers
500+ Live Attendees
2021 SPEAKERS INCLUDE
Event Welcome Address
James Bourne, Editor in Chief, Techforge
Enabling Zero-Defect Manufacturing with AI-Accelerated Machine Vision
- Existing QA automation solutions today are not sufficiently accurate, difficult to implement and reconfigure, leading to low ROI.
- Relimetrics software allows anyone to train AI based machine algorithms and deploy them at scale without writing a single line of code.
- Relimetrics uses available streams of data in production together with digitized quality data to close the loop in production, enabling zero defect manufacturing.
Kemal Levi, PhD, Founder and CEO, Relimetrics
Presentation: Driving Digital Transformation in the Workplace through new Technology and the IoT
This presentation will explore:
● Building the workforce of the future
● Change management strategies discussed
Hilary Mercer, Vice President Pennsylvania Chemicals, Shell
Presentation: Rethinking the OT Security Approach: Protect Both Sides of the House
- The overall threat landscape is expanding at an accelerated rate with many possible attack vectors and pivot points now including OT. This requires organizations to think holistically about ‘both sides of the house’ to ensure traditional IT systems and OT systems have comprehensive visibility to respond. Join Christopher Dobrec, VP of Product Marketing at Armis to learn about the security challenges faced by modern industrial enterprises, areas of exposure, and changes needed to protect the modern OT environment.
Chris Dobrec, VP Product Marketing, Armis
Keynote: Digital Transformation – Shifting the center of gravity to data
This session will explore:
● Applications to Platform Approach
● Capability not Functionality
● Changing the questions we ask help us become more data driven
● Connected Internally & Externally using an Ecosystem Approach
Viren Shah, Chief Digital Officer, GE Appliances
11:45 – 12:15 (MDT)
Industrial Interoperability with OPC UA – Complete, Reliable, Secured Solutions in IIoT
This session will cover:
- Motivation & Adoption- Far Beyond a Protocol. Member Participation in Standards Development.
- Technology Principles – Vision, Global Profile, Deliverables, Industrial Interoperability Ecosystem, Organizational Update.
- Regional Advancements – UA Cloud Library, OPEN-SCS.
- Initiatives – FLC and OPC UA FX, Ethernet-APL Cooperation, Joint Working Groups & Harmonization
- On the Near Horizon – Demonstrations, OPC Day International.
Michael Clark, Management Consultant, OPC Foundation
12:15- 12:45 (MDT)
Fireside Chat: Digital transformation and traceability in the food & beverage sector
Digital technologies were adopted slowly by players in the food and beverages sector, but will play a key role in the food and beverage sector transformation: 1) from enabling better understanding of what consumers need and are looking for to 2) producing this in a more sustainable way with less waste and 3) to delivering this where and when the consumers want this.
Digitalization also will catalyse the transformation of the innovation process in F&B: from mainly manual ways of working to data driven product development unlocking customized innovations as well as the ability to better connect consumers to products they want and need.
Finally digital technologies will unlock traceability and in this way enable more transparency as well as more effective management of food safety and quality incidents.
In order to bring the potential of digital technologies in F&B to life the focus must be on 1) quality data mnt; 2) cross functional systems 3) culture and change mnt.
Moderator: James Bourne, Editor in Chief, TechForge
Ellen de Brabander, SVP R&D, Pepsico
Panel: Industry 4.0 and the future of manufacturing
● With a myriad of new technology like edge computing and 5G, IoT tracking sensors, and predictive maintenance shaping the way enterprises manage and run their manufacturing operations, how can IoT leaders cut through the noise and choose the right solutions to optimise production?
● How far has IoT in manufacturing come, and how far does it have to go?
● Driving industrial transformation with IT/OT convergence
● Discussing the new technologies and innovations paving the way for plant and factory floors, smart supply chains, and advanced robotics to supercharge growth and efficiency in manufacturing.
Shawn Fitzgerald, Research Director, World Wide Digital Transformation Strategies, IDC (Moderator)
Jordan Pernikoff, Snr. Product Manager, IoT/Digital Transformation, Bayer
Paul Stafford, Engineering Manager – New Technology & Manufacturing Innovation, Toyota North America
Robert Stucky, Lead Manufacturing Engineer, SylvanSport
Carlos Paredes, Controls Engineering Manager, Amcor
Leveraging a Digital Thread to Maximize Value: Optimize Factory Productivity, Product Quality and Organizational Agility
This session will discuss how manufacturers have realized the advantages of digital transformation and why efforts have been accelerating because of the pandemic. Enterprises are achieving double digit impacts by piloting use cases based on a value first approach. Just like Industry 4.0, the pandemic hasn’t changed business goals or factory objectives. It has changed the way business managers and front-line workers approach the problem. The concept of digital thread closes the communication loop between digital and physical assets, but to achieve impact speed and scale the concept must be approached from a value first perspective.
Jordan Chaisson, Senior Manager, Connected Operations solutions, PTC
Machine Health Transformation: How Roseburg created a step change in performance and reliability
- What Roseburg’s reliability needs were at the time of evaluation
- Why Roseburg chose Augury
- Transformation of what reliability at Roseburg looked like pre-implementation
- Why Roseburg chose to do a complete portfolio rollout with Augury rather than piecemeal
Brian Richmond, Regional Reliability Manager, Roseburg Forest Products
Artem Kroupenev, VP, Strategy, Augury
Keynote: Leverage Digital Twins and Simulation to ensure business success
● Understand how road mapping is disciplined executed and how agile approach is being implemented
● How to work with digital twins in real life and concrete examples applied
● IOT journey is to become mobile – sharing of lessons learned
Jesper Toubol, Vice President Operations – Moulding Production, LEGO Group
The TechForge Speed Networking session is your opportunity to meet with like-minded professionals for a round of 1-2-1 meetings, all hand crafted by our AI matchmaking engine, ensuring you meet with people with similar interests to you.
Build new connections, renew old ones and supercharge your event experience by adding this session to your calendar today!
Questions for discussion can be found below. Please come prepared to discuss these areas during your speed networking meetings:
• What are the 3 biggest challenges you are facing within your industry which can be solved with IoT?
• What are the 3 biggest take aways for you from this event?
• What changes will you implement as a result of what you have learned today?
• What areas of your industry will offer the greatest opportunity in the coming years?
Helpful info on how to take part in this session, can be found here.
The online platform is now live!
IoT in Manufacturing Congress will take place virtually via our official AI-powered online platform. This platform will host the virtual sessions and networking during the event.
Once you are successfully registered for the event, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your unique login details around a week before the event begins.
Once logged in you can plan your time with ease: explore the conference agenda; watch all sessions; view the profiles of sponsors, speakers, and exhibitors. You can also connect with and organize meetings with other attendees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. Don’t miss the chance to virtually meet Bayer, PTC, LEGO, Toyota, OPC Foundation, and many more!
Once you are successfully registered for the event, you will receive an email from email@example.com with your unique login details.
When is the IoT in Manufacturing Congress 2021?
It took place on 18 May 2021 from 09:45 AM to 3:00 PM.
How do I watch the event’s virtual sessions?
The event is now over, but you can still register to watch the recordings on-demand. Once successfully registered you will have access to the event’s online platform. This is where you can watch all content from the event. Register here.
What are the registration requirements and how do I register to attend?
This event has been produced for anyone working on IoT projects within the manufacturing industry, specifically professionals who are looking to learn and discover key strategies to improve efficiencies within their businesses. Spaces are limited, therefore your registration will be subject to review and you will receive a subsequent email with confirmation that your place is secured within 48 hours of registering.
How do I know if my application was successful?
Once you have registered to attend, the team will be in touch via email with a confirmation if you meet the audience profile of the event.
How much does it cost to watch the session recordings?
It is free to watch the recordings from the event! Click here to register
How many people attended the Virtual Event?
We welcomed around 500 attendees for the virtual event.
What’s the best way to hear the latest news from IoT in Manufacturing Congress?
We recommend following TechForge on LinkedIn as we post regular information and updates about the event there. Follow us on LinkedIn.
Can I speak at/sponsor the event?
You can get in touch with the team via firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 117 980 9023 who will be happy to provide further information and possibilities.
Are there any other events?
This event is brought to you by TechForge. Click here to explore other free virtual events in the 2021 series.